Birthplace: Emmitsburg, MD
Last Known Location: Gainesville, TX
George A Bischoff was born in Emmitsburg, MD in 1862 apprenticing at a local carriage factory before moving to Dallas in 1881 and ultimately Gainsville, 13 years later. Besides being a brilliant and innovative spur maker, George was active in civic affairs as a 3-term city councilman who owned the first Maxwell automobile dealership in town. When the last livery stable closed in 1915 Bischoff sold to Charles Shipley and moved to Kansas City. Bischoff spurs are marked inside the heel band of both.